The University of Nebraska at Kearney Department of Computer Science and Information Technology in partnership with the Economic Development Council of Buffalo County received a University of Nebraska Rural Futures Initiative (RFI) Teaching and Engagement grant to facilitate the implementation of social media plans for small businesses & local non-profit organizations. Social media plans are vital for organizations to fully engage with their audiences.
- UNK students will work with businesses and organizations to develop and implement social media plans.
- A social media plan is a guide to marketing your business through the use of social media.
- The plan is not a "how-to" set up a social media platform. The grant resources and Social Media Specialists will help with this part!
- Each student team will meet with their client to analyze the client's needs, with the result being the development of a new (or revised) strategic social media plan that solves a specific problem or meets specified needs, identifies audiences, sets measurable goals, and plans social media strategies and tactics to reach the goals identified for the client. The teams are responsible for evaluating the current social media presence (if the organization has any) and presenting ideas as to how to change and improve the organization’s presence.
- The teams are expected to meet with the clients at least 3 times during the semester.
- Students will provide the social media plan to the client at the end of the semester.
- Each plan will obviously be different, but similar in a number of ways.
- Once the plans are created, resources, training and tutoring will be offered to the businesses and organizations to help implement the plans for the first 6 months, through this grant.
- Participants in this grant have access to the resources once they login below.
- Spring 2017 will emphasis Downtown Kearney businesses, but all small businesses and local non-profit organizations are encouraged to apply.
- The application deadline for Spring 2017 is January 27th, but a limited number of businesses and organizations will be accepted each semester, so applications are accepted at any time.
Could your business or non-profit organization benefit from a social media plan? Apply now!