The University of Nebraska at Kearney Department of Cyber Systems in partnership with the Economic Development Council of Buffalo County and the University of Nebraska Rural Futures Initiative (RFI) provide this website to facilitate the implementation of social media plans for small businesses & non-profit organizations. Social media plans are vital for organizations to fully engage with their audiences.
- A social media plan is a guide to marketing your business through the use of social media.
- This website provides "how-to" resources to assist you with creating a social media plan and setting up social media platforms.
- The resources are available to you, once you register and then login to the site.
Historically, this website was created through a University of Nebraska Rural Futures Initiative (RFI) Teaching and Engagement grant, falll 2016- summer 2018.
- When the grant was active, UNK students worked with businesses and organizations to develop and implement social media plans.
- Student teams met with clients to analyze the client's needs, and develop a new (or revised) strategic social media plan that meet their specified needs, identified audiences, set measurable goals, and planned social media strategies and tactics to reach the goals identified for the client. The teams were responsible for evaluating the current social media presence (if the organization has any) and presenting ideas as to how to change and improve the organization’s presence.
- Once the plans were created, resources, training and tutoring were offered to the businesses and organizations to help implement the plans for the first 6 months.
For more information on this program, see:
- UNK Social Media Program Details
Dr. Sherri K. Harms, Chair & Professor
Department of Cyber Systems
University of Nebraska at Kearney
2508 12th Ave, 116 Otto Olsen
Kearney, NE 68849